Thursday, April 30, 2009

04/30/09


Let me say one thing Stretch Stretch Stretch its so important before and after every workout.. Today I jogged the full 2 miles same as yesterday, I am probably over doing it just starting out, I do not recommend this for a beginner. I would start walking for a week or 2 then work in a little jogging. If you find what your doing uncomfortable stop and walk. This should be totally enjoyable for you. Me I'm on a mission.. The first mile was very hard everything hurts and its hard to keep going, You just have to push through that, slow down breath deep into your belly and I promise it will get better. At the mile mark is when I settled in and everything was working in sync, This is where running is the coolest feeling. there is nothing like it.. The hardest part is to run a slow pace.. I get into the music and next thing I know I'm out of breath, I have to work on my pace this is not a race its all about getting out there and just doing it..
Protein shake after a run is a good thing, Protein and rest helps heal those muscles.
Today is one week with no cigarettes..

3 comments:

  1. The first three days are usually the worst and then your body will start feeling beter and so will you. I would suggest doing some situps also, this will help take any strain off of your lower back.

    Come see me when you want to start training for a Marathon, I have several programs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If doing situps is hard for you, then try doing them on your bed. This will seem a bit weird at first but you'll notice that it doesn't put a major strain on your back as you do them.

    There are a lot of Road Races in the area and I would suggest a 5K(3.1 Miles)when you feel like challenging yourself.Even though I can't run anymore my favorite Race has alsways been the 10K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Wally,
    Someone actually reads this? Ah! I did start doing sit ups.

    I put my feet under the couch and a small pillow under my upper back area, this gives me a little bounce to get back up. Its like doing a half sit up, Its been a long time since Ive done anything phycical so I'm taking it real easy. When I get my breathing back up to par. I will really amp it up with the calestetics.

    ReplyDelete