Saturday, May 2, 2009

05/02/09

Today I will take a nice rest day, not going to do anything. tomorrow I will be doing 4 slowww miles, 1 mile running , 1 mile walking etc! Its time to take this to the next level. Wally made a comment about after 3 days you will feel better he is correct, The 3rd day I jogged, I did 2 miles out and back. My legs are not as sore now, I have been stretching throughout the day.

"You exercise so intensely that your muscles burn and you gasp for breath. Then you slow down for a minute or two, catch your breath, and then go very fast again. This training technique has been used in all endurance sports since the 1920's. This is why interval training makes you a better athlete".

2 comments:

  1. In 1996 I ran the Hyannis Half Marathon in March, The Boston Marathon in April and the Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska in June. I also did the Shooter's 5k at 12:00pm on June 9th in Quincy (2 weeks after Boston) and did Doc & Nellie's run in Canton (5k) at 6:00pm that same day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never ran a race, Stacey is training for a mini triathalon coming up soon.

    ReplyDelete